Wednesday, August 21, 2013

O.K…. Drum Break ….



O.K…. Drum Break ….

The 1979 "Sunrisers Drumline"
The "New York Skyliners Alumni Drumline"

Well at this time I’m going to take a break from “Technical-Information” or any real rants. Not just any break but a “Drum Break” (# Drum Break).  If anyone is familiar with “Marching Bands” you will know what I mean. The type of “Drum Break” I’m more familiar with is actually from “Drum and Bugle Corps” 

I know I said I wasn’t going to “Rant” but… These days, “Marching Bands” are more like “Drum and Bugle Corps”. This is just my opinion but it seems as if the move to Bb (B-flat) horns has made the “Drum and Bugle Corps” seem a little weaker in regards to having a "Robust Sound". Again, this is just my opinion and I still believe a good “Drum and Bugle Corps” can out “perform” a Marching Band but not by much.
  
This week I read an article / blog by , from regarding the “Garfield Cadets” In 1987, the Garfield Cadets, now known just as “The Cadets” performed to a piece of music by Aaron Copland, named “Appalachian Spring” (please follow the links).  The article also has a link to the clip from that year, or if you like, go to YouTube (#1987 Cadets).  

 If you are interested in the Marching Band or Drum and Bugle Corps activity I am sure you will appreciate this performance.

1987 Cadets  (Video)



No comments:

Post a Comment