Friday, October 7, 2016

To The Autodesk Community Moderators...



Quick Note to the Autodesk Community Moderators….
Just wanted to follow up with anyone that monitors input to the forum.
Lately there seems to be a problem with setting up the format of board posting. I actually think for me at least, this has been a problem since 2013, or basically since the community board updated the site. Prior to this “Upgrade” I really have had no major complaints, in fact from showing other CAD users here in my office how the forums worked we were able to resolve problems here in the office by a simply  “Goggling” the question, or problem, reviewing what was on the forum and resolving the issue.
Again, prior to 2013,  If the problem we had was not listed or shown, for me  there seemed to be no issues with asking or posting the question adding the screen views, or attachments.
Now, (since 2013) this seems to be a problem. When I researched this issue and found that others were having the same issue, (link xxx), I thought for sure the moderators would at worst go back to the old format, and at best “Fix” how the forum currently works.
Well… (at least for me) the issues with uploading or changing the format of how postings get listed “STILL” is not working properly.
Yes… I was able to post the question, and yes, I was able to get a partial resolution, if not the whole answer in a nutshell but… the initial posting of the question had to be done in several attempts, and “Just like This Post” formatting of the questions and inclusion of attachments did not work so we had to go another route. By the way, I am posting this on my own personal blog (Tech-Info and Rants) and it should be in the right format as I intended to show.
Most likely as dgorsman (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/253793) has pointed out to me on my other community board postings, this will look like a “Wall of Text”
Today’s alert (10/07/2016):
BTW… I’m sure this is exactly what anyone that has been “Forced” to move to a subscription plan was afraid of:


Forum post prior to 2013: (In the AutoCAD Board)

(Note: The text is in “Paragraph Format” & “Attachments are allowed, or included)


Yet another Forum post prior to 2013: (in REVIT)
(Note: Again, the text is in “Paragraph Format” & “Attachments are allowed, or included)


My Most Current Forum post: (10/05/2016)
(Note: Text is “Not in paragraph format” thus creating a “Wall of Text” & attachment were omitted)
 
Comments received about my current forum post: (10/05/2016)
(Note: Text is “Still Not in paragraph format” thus creating a “Wall of Text” & attachments and linking to other post, or members that can help within the forum were omitted).

No comments:

Post a Comment