Monday, November 18, 2013

The Use of Social Media.



Just wanted to ask or write about the use of social media. Most times when I’m writing my blog, I am supplying, or providing information that is useful or helpful for others. On occasion I will use this as a literal soap box to voice a complaint, especially when this is warranted do to because another merchant or business is practicing unethical. That is why I chose my blog name as “Tech-Info and Rants” 

So, how does this relate to you the reader? Hopefully I am providing useful information. My last blog in regards to “What Direction Autodesk is Heading” seemed to get the ball rolling by asking a real question.  This was followed up by a comment by another technical blogger (Paul Munford), and if you are following the post and comments he does seem to provide some insight. For additional information I do suggest you read Paul’s blog:   The CAD Setter Out.

Before moving onto another subject regarding a rant I have about another thing I’d like to address about this “Social Media”.  For now the blogger seems to be sufficient enough for our purposes. I can get the word out, ask questions, post information and get information. I resist being critical unless it is necessary as I stated previously.  What is strange is that with LinkedIn and FaceBook it seems they are taking content out of context and editing at will, or for their own purposes.  I have seen this before with some of the “free advertizing websites” so instead of getting a valid lead for work or projects you get something that has nothing to do with the type of work you do. I guess you get what you pay for?

No comments:

Post a Comment